Foz do Iguazu
Hotel Tropical das Cataratas 5*****
Tropical das Cataratas Eco Resort Hotel
Category: First Superior
Inside the Iguaçu National Park, it is the only hotel on the Brazilian side to be across from the Falls; at 15 km from the Foz do Iguaçu-Cataratas International Airport (IGU) and 24 kilometers from the city center.
Inaugurated in 1958, it is well maintained and conserved. Horizontal construction in colonial style, it has a central body called "main body" where on the ground floor is the reception, bar, restaurant and the halls and, on the first floor, the apartments. In 1971 the "annex 1" was built with 63 apartments; in 1982 "annex II" added more 90 apartments.
The total area of the hotel is 14.659m2.
People on wheelchair may be accommodated in non-special rooms but more spacious rooms located on Annex 1.
Some apartments are separated for non-smokers. The hotel was the first in South America to implement an environmental management in 2000.
All apartments have air-conditioned, mini-bar, safe, TV, telephone, radio alarm clock, hairdryer and 110 voltage. All categories uniformly distributed in the bloco sede (Central block) annex I and annex II. The standard apartments are single or double not allowing for the installation of an extra bed.
Standard - 85 units with a bed measuring 1,49m x 2,10m or 2 beds of 0.98m x 2,10m. Approximate area 22m2.
Superior - 64 units with 01 bed measuring 1,69m x 1,98m or 2 beds of 1.06m x 1,97m, or 3 beds of 1.06m x 1,97m. Area between 25m2 and 47m2.
Deluxe - 49 units with 01 bed measuring 1,69m x 1,98m or 2 beds of 1.06m x 1,97m or 3 beds of 1.06m x 1,97m. These apartments also have telephone with voice answering machine. Two internet lines. Area between 31m2 and 56m2.
All suites have all the items described for apartments plus connection for personal computers.
Noble Suítes - 3 suites, each with 1 living room and a room with a 1,69m x 1,98m-bed. Room with a view of gardens. Area 43m2.
Two suites, each with two bedrooms; one room with a bed measuring 1,69m x 1,98m-bed and a bathroom with hydromassage. Each suite has the capacity for up to 4 persons. Area 95m2.
Location of units:
- 59 standard apartments on the posterior part of hotel (Annex II) and 26 in the "main body".
- 1 superior apartment in the "main body", 31 in the posterior part of the hotel near the pools (annex I) and 32 on the same wing, on the front without a view (annex II).
- 16 deluxe apartments in the "main body", frontward, with partial view of the Falls and 32 in the posterior part, near the pool (annex I) and 1 on the posterior part of hotel (Annex II).
- 03 noble suites in the "main body", facing the garden.
- 02 presidential suites in the "main body", frontward, with partial view of the Falls.
- room service 24h
- laundry services
- internet room
- recreational staff for adults and children
- kids club
- ping-pong room
- game rooms
- boutique and H.Stern jewelry outlet
- first aids post open from 7h to midnight.
Restaurants and Bars:
All restaurants are located on the ground floor, near the reception, except for the Ipê, Bar & Grill which is by the side of the pool.
Restaurante Itaipu - capacity for 175 people inside and 70 people out in the veranda; international and Brazilian cuisine. Open from 6h to 10h for breakfast; from 12h to 15 and from 19h to 23h.
Ipê Bar & Grill - with capacity for 184 people, serve barbecue and cold buffet, offers live music. Open from 19h30 to 23h for dinner and from 10h to 17h30 for snacks and appetizers.
Bar Tarobá - capacity for 40 people inside and 18 people in the veranda; serves drinks and appetizers, live music from 20h to 23h. Open from 10h to midnight.
- 01 swimming pool for adults
- 01 swimming pool for children
- tennis court
- lookout point with breathtaking of Iguassu Falls
Halls and capacities:
. Dom Pedro I Hall - 100 people
. Iguaçu Hall - 80 people
. Backup Hall - depot with an area of 3,50m x 5,50m
flip chart, slide projector, 29-inch TVs and, projectors, projection screen, microphone, computer, printer, copy board, multimedia projection.