Accomodation - Brazil Pantanal South-Pantanal: Hotels - Fazenda Barranco Alto
Approximately 120km north of the idyllic small town Aquidauana, surrounded by the stunning nature of the southern Pantanal, lies the charming Fazenda Barranco Alto.
Travel No. 48770
You can find these and other travels under the following categories:
- South America » Brazil : Pantanal » Accomodations
- South America » Brazil » Accomodations
- South America » Brazil : Pantanal : South Pantanal » Accomodations
Fazenda Barroco Alto - South-Pantanal
Approximately 120km north of the idyllic small town Aquidauana, surrounded by the stunning nature of the southern Pantanal, lies the charming Fazenda Barranco Alto. The rustic fazenda, which was built in the early 20th century, contains a guest house as well as an own cattle and is considered to be the oldest fazenda in these region. The fazenda Barroco Alto is an ideal starting point for wildlife viewing, boat trips and jeep safaris in the southern Pantanal.
Understanding the mysteries of nature helps us develop a more ecologically correct attitude towards the environment and as such leads to a better conservation of it. The programs and activities that we offer are guided by us in Portuguese, English, German, French and Spanish and will be adapted to suit the particular desires of each guest.
Rooms and facilities
The Fazenda Barranco Alto comprises four cozy rooms, which are equipped with a bathroom with shower, air conditioning and mosquito nets.
Additional amenities of the Fazenda Barranco Alto include a restaurant, a bar, and a spacious outdoor area with a terrace.
The fazenda also offers its guests a variety of excursions and activities. The two owners and Lucas Marina accompany all excursions and provide required objects, such as binoculars, fishing rods and life jackets for free.
- Animal observations accompanied by a biologist (Lucas is a biologist)
- Open Vehicle Safaris
- Riding with the cowboys on the cattle herds
- Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner, drinks including beer and caipirinha)
- Accommodation in a double room
- Daily tours and excursions as described above
Arrival from the airport in Campo Grande:
- By plane (approx 1 hour): costs R$ 1,660 per way (1-3 passengers) / Prices 2011
- The amount has to be paid directly to the pilot in cash!
- From May to November it is also possible to drive with a jeep (approx. 6 hours): costs R$ 600 per way (1-4 passengers)